A lot of people say that the money is in the list. It’s become a bit of an industry maxim. But what does that actually mean?
A more accurate saying would be that the money is in what you DO with your list. You can have a list in the tens of thousands, and still not make any money if you don’t know what to do with it.
No matter what size your list is, even if you only have 10 leads, you should start implementing the following 5 strategies now.
1) Create A Followup Series
This is the most common method people use to communicate with their leads. Most people have this much setup. But if you don’t, this is the first place to start.
Having a series of emails that automatically goes out to your subscribers automates a lot of the communication and frees you up to focus on other things.
When setting up a followup series, keep these suggestions in mind:
- Give people a reason to open up each email. Highlight a different benefit of your offer in each edition.
- Offer to answer people’s questions and help people get started.
- Make it easy for people to contact you. Include phone, email, facebook, or whatever methods you want, the more the better.
- If you have some kind of weekly calls or webinars, include an email inviting them to that.
- Schedule emails to be fairly frequent at first, then gradually extend the time between mailings.
- Always be sending them at least one email per week.
2) Show Them Who You Are
Nothing can replace a personal connection. Connecting with your leads and building a rapport with them should be your first priority.
Don’t be afraid to show yourself and let your personality shine through.
People who are getting into network marketing are looking for someone they can trust.
They want to know that you’re a real person and that they’re joining a team that will be there to help them succeed.
Here are some ways to connect and build rapport with your list:
- Include a photo in your autoresponder emails.
- Share successes with your list.
- Let them know you’re there to help them.
- Send videos to your list.
- Send them information that can help them.
- Create a personal blog and send your blog posts to your list.
3) Send Broadcasts
Having a series of automatic followups is great, but don’t neglect the opportunity to communicate immediately with the people on your list through manual broadcasts.
Every decent autoresponder will allow you to send manual broadcasts to your list. Here are step by step instructions for sending broadcasts with the 3 most popular services:
How to send a broadcast with AWeber
How to send a broadcast with Get Response
How to send a broadcast with Mail Chimp
Here are some of the reason’s you may want to send a broadcast:
- You made a new video that you want the people on your list to see.
- You wrote a new blog post you want your list to see.
- You have some helpful tips you want to share with your list.
- You have a new product or service you think your list will like.
- You have something timely you want to say.
- You want to invite the people on your list to a call, hangout, etc.
4) Add Your Broadcasts To Your Followup Series
If you send out a broadcast that contains evergreen content, or that gets a good response, consider adding it to your followup series so that your new leads will get that email too.
Finding ways to re-purpose your content will ensure that the effort you put into your business goes as far as possible.
I recommend just adding it to the end of the series, otherwise everyone who has already finished your current followup series will get the last email again. If that doesn’t make sense now, you’ll understand once you get in there.
5) Segment Your List
An advanced list building tip is to use segmentation. Autoresponders like AWeber allow you to separate your list by behavior and then send specific emails to those segments.
For example, if you send a broadcast to your list and 10% open the email. You can then segment the 90% that didn’t open, change the subject of your email and send it out again.
I’ve seen as much as a 50% increase in additional opens using this simple technique that takes less than 5 minutes to do.
You can also drill down on people’s interests by seeing which emails they open and which links they click on and then send specific offers, or specific types of emails to only those people.
If you want to get really targeted, you can even create an additional list for buyers of your product or service. When people buy, you can remove them from your prospect list and add them to your buyer list. (AWeber has automation rules to help with this).
This list can then upsell them, help them get started, train them etc. This ensures that you’re sending the most relevant emails to the people on your list based on your current relationship with them.
This is also a great way to create a smaller, more target list of previous buyers, which will be your most valuable leads.
I hope this blog post has been helpful to you. Your most valuable asset in this business is your list. Implementing some of the strategies discussed in this post can increase that value and help you build an asset that can become the foundation of your success.
Click one of those sharing buttons below and if you have anything to add, feel free to leave a comment.
🙂 Shawn Smith