As our lives continue to shift further and further into the online world, password management has become something of a necessity.
There are many services that offer password management solutions but Roboform is one of the premier options in terms of functionality, efficiency and accessibility.
How Roboform Works
Roboform is a productivity tool that stores your logins and bookmarks and makes it easier to access them. It comes in two variations. The desktop version stores your information locally on your computer and the everywhere version stores it remotely.
The everywhere version is by far the way to go because it syncs all of your data to your online account automatically, making it possible to access your logins and bookmarks from any computer, anywhere.
The way Robofom works is it places a small toolbar in your browser of choice. Every time you enter login information into a webpage Roboform will ask you if you would like to save the login. Once saved you will never have to manually enter that login again. The next time you need it simply click on it from the Roboform toolbar and you will be instantly logged in.
Key Features of Roboform
2. Cross Browser Synchronization – User data is stored online so if you save a new login from Firefox you can instantly switch to IE and use it there as well. For people who like to use multiple browsers this is a must have feature.
3. Access Your Roboform Data from Anywhere – Because Roboform Everywhere stores your data remotely, you can access it from another computer or mobile device anywhere for free.
4. Security – Roboform protects all of your information with AES, BlowFish, DES, 3DES, or RC6 encryption. The only way to access your information is with your Master Password. It is so secure that if you lose your Master Password, even you will be unable to access your data as Master Passwords are unrecoverable.
5. Password Generator – Roboform also provides a powerful password generator that creates new unique passwords for you, right from your browser, with the click of a button.
6. Form filling – Automatically fill long forms with your pre-saved personal info (name, address, phone, etc.).
7. 30 Day Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee
Roboform Everywhere costs $9.95 for the first year and $19.95 annually after that. For all that it does, that is an amazingly affordable price point.
If you are not already using a password management system, and even if you are, Roboform is well worth your time to take a look at it. At $9.95 for the first year with a money back satisfaction guarantee, you don’t have much to lose.
Give it a try, use it for a while, and pretty soon you’ll wonder how you ever lived without it.